Full Stack Mobile Engineer (Flutter)
The Full Stack Mobile Engineer is responsible for implementing both the front and backend elements of cross platform mobile applications using Flutter, Dart, and a server side stack or service, such as Node.JS or Firebase. You will be the primary developer for your portions (or the whole) of the application, responsible for application behavior, logic, screens, and consistency as well as code quality and test coverage, and judged by the product owner against a high quality standard. The Full Stack Mobile Engineer works with the Lead Engineer to do implement the designed architecture. In addition, you may also contribute to the architecture design, and be asked to create technical document around the areas you are involved in.
This is a full time position lasting for the duration of the production cycle. This is a full time position, and we expect the workload to be up to 40 hours a week while production is active. You will be expected to be available to attend daily stand ups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. This is a remote work contract, but the worker must be available for 4 hours of overlap time with California (PST) daily, preferably between 9am-2pm PST.
- Implement high quality cross platform applications in Flutter & Dart, as well as supporting server side elements using firebase or custom server applications in NodeJS.
- Create, Write, Design, Optimize, Maintain, Utilize, Contribute, Extend, Troubleshoot, Support, Assess, Aid, Evaluate, Document, etc.
- Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, stand ups, and additional meetings as required.
- Utilize and contribute to company wide code library
Qualifications & Skills
- Extensive experience in Mobile Application development and related server side technologies.
- Background in databases and web related technologies a plus.
- Strong ability to quickly implement clean and readable code from provided specifications, with communication skills to resolve any ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate intermediate software development concepts.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented code.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate issues and report project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience
- Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Able to accept constructive feedback on your work
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- Proven history working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Previous experience in developing games or applications and implementing best practices
- Experienced with software development methodologies as well as build and release procedures
- Experience with project management or task tracking systems such as Monday, Trello, or Toggl preferred
We are a digital production studio with an extensive background in games, AR/VR, and commercial application development. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 38 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield, Pearson, LO3 Energy, Occipital, and Sizzle Entertainment. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, CNBC, TED, and more.
We are a fully remote company with team members across the globe. Team members are expected to have high speed internet suitable for both work and voice calls. Team members must have a functional microphone with clean audio to communicate with the rest of the team. Additional tools required for the position must be supplied by the team member with exceptions only for exceptionally prorprietary software or hardware required for a project.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but all team members must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (PST) Monday through Friday. Workers must be available via Google Hangout, email, and Slack during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when project completion deadlines must be met as well as for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based upon number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.